- Clive Champney on Opening the Boxes Time change!
- eyesometric on RADIO 4 DOCUMENTARY ON JENNIFER VYVYAN: OPENING THE BOXES, TUESDAY AUGUST 18TH, 1.30PM
- Nigel Patterson on Winding Up!
- Michael Willoughby on Joan Sutherland’s memorial service at Westminster Abbey: a reminder of mortality
- opera boy on ENO’s Damnation of Faust…already damned?
Monthly Archives: February 2011
And news doesn’t get much more advanced than this – which indicates the time-scale that music administration runs to these days but is nonetheless a something for your diary. Or more likely, diaries. Some months ago we approached John Gilhooly, … Continue reading
Joan Sutherland was a year younger than Jennifer Vyvyan, born in 1926. But that was close enough for their careers to run side by side for a while. And although Sutherland’s career soared to incomparable heights – not for nothing … Continue reading
What a strangely up and down business the record industry is: one minute in collapse, the next in fighting spirit. Not so long ago the Decca label – which historically was the one that carried the overwhelming majority of Jennifer … Continue reading
One of the most attractively original ideas I’ve come across in ages is a place called The Forge that crosses boundaries in every possible respect. A relatively new designer-build in Camden Town (Delancey Street, just off the High Street on … Continue reading
One of the things we’re hoping for this website is that it will become a news platform for subjects that relate not just to Jennifer Vyvyan but to the worlds of (mostly) English singing and English music that she represented. … Continue reading